‘I’m a writer, mama, partner, digital nomad, and unschooling activist. I produce podcasts, books, classes, and articles on radical self-expression in practice and in study. Find my conversations and commentary at akilahrichards.com/podcast where I aim to support, connect, and highlight people of color designing their own liberation through Self-Directed Education and love-centered community building.’
As an intersectional feminist writer and radical self-expression advocate, Akilah’s presentations offer audiences strategies and soulwork for more mindful personal leadership, and long-term, sustainable self-care. She keynoted at both the Black Women’s Life Balance & Wellness Conference at Spelman College and Jamaica’s first young-mother centered wellness Conference at the historic Devon House in Kingston. She has facilitated interactive workshops at writing intensives, wellness retreats, and business webinars. Her many guest appearances include NBC’s The Steve Harvey Show, and Tyler New Media’s celebrated family documentary, You Saved Me. She has been featured in Real Simple and Essence Magazines, and is a regular contributing writer to the popular feminist digital media site, EverydayFeminism.com.
Fill out the contact form to inquire about booking Akilah for your next event.
- $500 Webinar (up to 60 minutes including Q+A session)
- $850 Workshop, Breakout session or Panel (max. 90 minutes)
- $1,300 Half-day workshop or staff retreat (max. 3 hours)
- $1,900 Keynote or plenary (max. 90 minutes w/ Q+A session)
- $2,900 Full-day workshop or staff retreat (max. 7 hours)
- Pre-engagement assessment call
- Conference calls with event organizers and key contact persons
- Interactive content to aligned with the purpose of your event
- Ask about custom journals for your attendees’ swag bags