I’m a writer, mama, partner, digital nomad, and unschooling activist.
As an unschooling speaker, my goal is to offer resources and community where people feel free and supported as we form and embrace our own identities. I amplify and connect the voices of people and communities pushing back against normalized institutional racism, and participate in creating and broadening the spaces where we can thrive as ourselves—whether mainstream society understands us or not. Previous keynotes include AERO (Alternative Education Resource Organization) 2017 Conference at LIU Post, The Black Women’s Life Balance & Wellness Conference at Spelman College, and Jamaica’s first Young Motherhood Wellness conference at the historic Devon House in Kingston. I’ve facilitated interactive workshops and discussions at writing intensives, wellness retreats, webinars, and self-directed learning communities throughout the U.S., in Johannesburg, South Africa, and across my home island, Jamaica. I’ve appeared on NBC TV, NPR, CBC Radio, and in several print publications, including Essence and Real Simple Magazines. I also write things for, and share things with, interesting people and publications, including Mater Mea, My Brown Baby, Mutha Magazine, and ASDE’s Tipping Points.
Fill out the contact form to inquire about booking Akilah for your next event.
- $500 Webinar (up to 60 minutes including Q+A session)
- $850 Workshop, Breakout session or Panel (max. 90 minutes)
- $1,300 Half-day workshop or staff retreat (max. 3 hours)
- $1,900 Keynote or plenary (max. 90 minutes w/ Q+A session)
- $2,900 Full-day workshop or staff retreat (max. 7 hours)
- Pre-engagement assessment call
- Conference calls with event organizers and key contact persons
- Interactive content to aligned with the purpose of your event
- Ask about custom journals for your attendees’ swag bags